Popular Posts

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mad About Mint

I thought that leaving Los Angeles for greener, Oklahoma pastures meant leaving my fashion career behind too.  But, somehow, abandoning my style-conscious sensibilities has been more difficult than I thought.  After all, researching and capitalizing on current fashion trends was how I brought home the bacon for years.  So, I suppose it's not surprising that despite, my relocation- old habits die hard.

Proof in point: I recently purchased the 600 page "Spring Bible", otherwise known as the March issue of Vogue magazine.  I perusued the latest designer ads and fashion editorial spreads with gusto, like a kid, long deprived of candy.  After I studied the March issue, cover to cover, I was left with an impermeable impression of two definite trends:


Trend #1 Retro-Americana:
I'm getting a definite 1950s/ 1960s vibe, not as fashion was exactly back then, but re-interpreted through nostalgic,  rose-colored lenses.  The look is part Mad-Men, part Pin-Up, and the feel is All-American: like a shiny, Mint Green, 1957 Chevy.

Trend # 2 The color Mint Green:
The color Mint Green is making a come-back! Mint Green makes me think of classic cars, Vespa scooters or any vintage, 1950s/1960s appliance.  It's a refreshing, clean, and nostalgic hue.  Just think of a bowl of delicious, mint n chip ice cream, or a pin-up wearing a sheer, mint-green scarf.  Mint Green is a cheerful color, with a decidedly, retro charm--and I'm loving it!

My favorite March 2012 Vogue pages/inspiration:

More Inspiration from Pin Up Girl Clothing/ Micheline Pitt:

Essie- Mint Green nail polish
All that perusing in Vogue, got me totally inspired which meant I had to go shopping. 
Here is my starter kit for my Mint Green madness:

But the best part is the shoes! Only $30 at Charlotte Russe!


No comments:

Post a Comment